- 16 January 2023
The secretariat of General Medical Laboratory (A.M.L) in Antwerp is looking for an enthusiastic secretary to join our team.
A.M.L BV is a clinical laboratory belonging to one of the largest laboratory groups in Belgium. We strive to offer a total service both for our patients and for doctors and specialists. Thus, we help patients and doctors with their blood samples and strive for optimal quality from pre-analysis to reporting.
As a secretary, you will be expected to enter patient data, answer phones, man the reception desk and administratively process lab requests. Working in the communication nerve centre of the company, you will build contacts with many different doctors, internal departments and external labs. You will join a pleasant team, where good communication is important. You will enjoy extensive training, where all aspects of the job are clearly explained so that you can start working confidently.
- You can communicate assertively and fluently and know how to deal with different personalities perfectly.
- You stand firmly on your feet and are characterised by your consistent, stress-resistant attitude.
- As a real problem solver, you always find a good solution for set problems.
- You are an administrative jack-of-all-trades.
- Very good knowledge of Dutch. Good knowledge of French.
- Relevant experience is a plus, but not required.
- Required studies: ASO 2nd grade: Study area General Secondary Education or equivalent through experience.
- Answering telephone calls
- Transferring calls to the requested parties
- Writing down messages
- Coding, filing and archiving documents
- Compiling administrative files
- Updating data
- Checking returns or reminders
- Entering letters, tables, etc. according to instructions
- Registering stock, identifying shortages and placing orders
- Welcoming people and identifying their demands
We offer you a challenging job as a member of an enthusiastic, dynamic team in one of the largest medical laboratories in Belgium. Collegiality is key for us. We provide extensive training and encourage personal growth.
- You will have a full-time contract of 38h/week. This contract includes an evaluation period of 6 months.
- You will work a late shift from 15h00 to 23h00 (negotiable during the interview)
- You will receive an attractive salary and additional bonuses for evening shifts and weekend work.
- We provide numerous additional benefits such as meal vouchers, free coffee, fruit and soup.
- We offer commuting reimbursement (bicycle allowance, full train and tram reimbursement).
- The lab is easily accessible by public transport (train station and tram stop nearby).
Emiel Vloorsstraat 9