- Emiel Vloorsstraat 9
- BE-2020 Antwerp
- Tel. +32 3 303 08 00
- Fax. +32 3 303 08 80
AML & Medvet
Emiel Vloorsstraat 9
E-mail DPO: email@example.com
We consider the protection of your privacy of utmost importance. Therefore, we want to inform you as much as possible about what happens to your personal information. Below, you will find information on what data we collect, why we do so, how long we keep it, what your privacy rights are and how you can pursue them.
1. Why do we collect your personal information?
We collect and process your personal information (identification data, administrative data, medical data) for following purposes:
- Conducting clinical biology, molecular biological and pathological analyses
- Conducting industrial medical, toxicological and forensic analyses
- Conducting analyses by external laboratories
- Conducting scientific research on anonymised data
- In connection with the abovementioned analyses: processing customer administration, implementing invoices, monitoring solvency, verifying insurability, sending newsletters and information to health care providers
2. How do we obtain your personal information?
We collect your personal information when you present yourself with your electronic identity card (eID) to your doctor or to our lab for medical analyses. Your identification information is verified with the National Register database to ensure that the results of our examinations and analyses are correctly linked to you as a patient who relies on our laboratory. The unambiguous identification of patients is a legal obligation.
3. Rightfulness of processing
Analyses in the health care sector are carried out bason on examination prescriptions by doctors. We are legally recognised laboratories and meet the strict requirements of the legislation on recognised laboratories. The laboratory addresses the analysis results exclusively to the client unless the client instructs otherwise in writing.
4. With we share your personal information
If necessary for the realisation of the predefined purposes, we share your personal information with third parties who support us in our medical analyses (such as other laboratories of the Sonic Healthcare Benelux Group), parties who provide us with ICT services, various bodies within the social security system (health insurance, NIHDI, CoZO, etc.) to the extent necessary for the execution of our processing operations and to comply with our legal obligations.
The laboratory guarantees that these recipients will take the necessary technical and organisational measures to protect the personal information.
5. How do we protect your personal information?
We do everything possible to guarantee your privacy. With this in mind, and based on a risk analysis, we have implemented security technologies and measures to ensure the availability, confidentiality and integrity of your personal information. In addition, access to your personal information is strictly limited to those who need that information to carry out the implicated processing operations to fulfil our purposes described above.
We assure you that we will ensure the third parties that receive and process your personal information take the necessary measures to protect your privacy.
7. How long do we keep your personal information?
We will use your information only for the purposes mentioned above and only for the time necessary to fulfil these purposes, considering the legal retention periods. The retention periods are listed in the register of processing activities.
8. What are your privacy rights?
- Right of perusal: you have the right to obtain, at any time, confirmation as to whether your personal information is being processed and, if so, to obtain the necessary information about this.
- Right to rectification: you have the right to have incomplete, inappropriate or obsolete personal information set right without delay.
- Right to oblivion: under certain conditions, and without unreasonable delay, you have the right to have your personal information deleted.
- Right to restriction of processing: under certain conditions, you have the right to obtain the restriction of processing.
- Right to transfer information: you have the right to recover your personal information in a readable format.
- Right to object: you have the right to object to the processing of your personal information based on your specific situation.
- Right to not be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing: we do not apply profiling or automated processing.
- Right to withdraw consent in the context of cookies (‘cookie consent’)
You can exercise these privacy rights free of charge unless your request is clearly unfounded or excessive due to the repetitive nature.
When you request to execute your privacy rights, we will always verify your identity to ensure that only you are in contact with your personal information.
9. How can I contact you?
You can also file a complaint with the National data protection authority by sending a letter to Drukpersstraat 35, 1000 Brussels, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on 02/274.48.00.